Friday, February 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Cort!


I know I am just a bit biased but I have to say that I think Cort is just about as close to perfect as a kid can come, and still be just barely six years old. Man, we love this kid!! Sweet as can be, kind and conscientious, smart as a whip. And handsome to boot! He is such a special guy. Yesterday was his 6th birthday and we celebrated with some simple activities. At the end of Cort's afternoon kindergarten class, I got to go to down to the school to share a treat and to show his friends a poster we made that was all about the things he loves. It was a very simple spotlight but Cort was in heaven being the "star." It was so fun! After school we raced home for a quick meal and then I took Cort, his cousin Peter, Macy and Caleb to Jungle Jim's in Fort Union for 3 fun filled hours of kiddie rides and arcade games. The kids had a blast and it was a relatively stress-free experience for me, which was a major bonus. You'll see from the pictures what a great time they all had. Happy Birthday Cort! We love you buddy!

3 comments:

Jennifer Wilson said...

Happy Birthday, Cort! I can't believe that you are 6 years old now. I still remember seeing ducks with you and Macy in Indianapolis while mom and dad were running. I'm so glad you had a special day!

Jenny said...

Oh, how we love Cort. He is growing up! Grant was disappointed for about an hour about not being able to join Cort and Peter. He thought through many various scenarios of how to get himself to Utah yesterday. It made me feel for him! We need to get out there!
We miss you, and love you! By the way, Caleb's grown up a ton...

Love you lots, and happy birthday Cort!

Amanda said...

Happy B-day, Cort! Six is a big year and boys are really darling at this age. I second the idea that any party with a few six year-olds is relaxing compared to the whole family of youngers!