Tuesday, February 12, 2008

AND....THEY'RE OFF!

CRAWLING!!! Wahoo! The twins are finally mobile. Just this week, at exactly 9 months of age, they officially started "crawling" a.k.a. slithering and scooting and grunting and otherwise WILLING themselves across the room. Although they are garnering absolutely no points for style at this point, they are enjoying the ability to go after things that they see that look enticing. Toys, siblings, crumbs on the kitchen floor (gross! extra motivation to sweep and mop reguarly!) and unwisely placed ceramic vases on the bottom shelf of the sofa table (time to baby proof again! sigh Everything to the tip top shelves and cupboards!). Although having two little mobile babes will certainly have it's drawbacks, I have to admit that it sounds dreamy to not carry Jake and Emmy from room to room to room and up and down the stairs any more.

In other family news, my older sister Amy moved into a new home just around the bend from us about a week and a half ago. I call it a "home" when in reality it is more of a mini rec center with bedrooms. We have been BBQ-ing and swimming our guts out every weekend in the indoor pool as well as enjoying the indoor 1/2 court gym and killer batting cage and arcade. (as a side note: who knew that Guitar Hero really DOES live up to all the hype?? Cort and I do air guitar and practice our moves while Dad's away at work!) We are more than happy to help my sister's family get full use of all their amenities...and not have to worry about the upkeep of any of it. :) Thanks Amy and Jim for your willingness to share your toys! We LOVE the house!

5 comments:

Torrie Family said...

Yeah! It just keeps getting better! Way to go babies.

Jennifer Wilson said...

That's awesome! Did they start crawling at the same time? Good luck now with 5 mobile children!

whit said...

Holy Cow Mols! Joey is crawling too and it is great in so many ways but to see the top of his socks get dirty in our all hardwood floor home? Yuck! Guitar Hero rules! Whenever I hear a song I decide if it owuld work with GH - including hymns.

Paige said...

Molly, I just read your Jazz post and I am so extremely jealous. I have always loved Lyle and thought he had the coolest job ever, and I still do. I love the Jazz...

Rebecca said...

Molly, I sent you an email last week about getting together for lunch this week but I'm not sure you got it and I might have your old email address. How about one day next week? I'm pretty flexible and would love to hook up!