Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Cort the comedian...

Here is my favorite conversation with Cort from this week. By way of background info, I had been begging Cort to wear these new, cool shoes I bought him. He was complaining that they were too big the last time he tried them on and I urged him to just try again and see how they fit. I finally got through to him and he disappeared into the mud room to try them on. From the other room I heard him excitedly saying how well they fit and how perfect they were for today and how good they looked on him. Then he came back into the kichen…

Cort: Carter and I are asking some girls something today and you have to look really good to do that.

Mom: What are you asking them? (trying soooo hard to suppress laughter!)

Cort: (shyly) I’m not telling.

Later Cort disappears to gel his hair and comes back carrying my bottle of mouthwash.

Cort: Can you open the mouthwash for me? I want to look really good. Really good. (pause) Today’s just a special day and there’s no reason.

I thought I would split in two I was trying so hard not to die laughing and keep a straight face. You can bet I was aching for him to get home from school so I could ask how things went and what, exactly, he and Carter were up to. Come to find out Cort was telling one of his classmates that she was pretty and Carter was having Cort be the go-between to ask another girl if she’d be his girlfriend. I’m sure glad Cort had the new shoes, hair gel, mouthwash combo going for him on such a BIG DAY!!

5 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

Noooo!!! Cort is just a nut. I can't believe that. He is totally turning into a major big boy this month...so hilarious!

jamkmb said...

Maybe Spencer can pick up some tips from Cort. I think Spencer's signature move is to curl his lips and give an aloof jerk of the head. I guess it worked once ... congratulations Molly.

The Jonas Family said...

too funny! that is cute that he got all nice and ready. How old is Cort? I can't believe he is into girls already! Are you allowing that?

jo6446 said...

Cort's priceless. Let me know when they start playing kiss-tag at recess--I actually remember doing that!

jo6446 said...

Have I told you you make perfect kids!