Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I hate naps!!

Yes, you read that right. I HATE NAPS!!! I loathe, abhor, detest, resent, and strongly strongly dislike them. There. That's all of the synonyms I can think of off the top of my head. But it's true. I hate naps. Now, before you start thinking my five young kiddos have indeed finally driven me to the funny farm, let me explain that I am not taking about naps that I might TAKE. Those are a distant memory. I am talking about the naps I FACILITATE for my three youngest children. I quite literally spend a large chunk of my day pulling blinds, turning sound machines and baby monitors on and off, folding and unfolding blankets, and bouncing, snuggling and otherwise inducing sleep. Then tip-toeing around, and shhhhhhh-ing anyone and everyone trying to protect this sacred nap that is not my own.

I think I am about ready to lose it FOR REAL!!

As such, you are all invited to the biggest shin diggity dog that I am capable of pulling off...scheduled for the day that I put a little person down for a nap for the LAST time. There will be steaks sizzling on the grill, karaoke (of course!) and an open bar, offering a variety of caffeinated beverages to celebrate our "awake-ness". An event you surely won't want to miss. In the mean time, I'll keep plugging along...the nap facilitator extraordinaire! Swing by if you're ever sleepy. I'm sure I could fit you into my rotation. :)

7 comments:

Amy said...

YOU are hilarious.

can't wait for the shin dig. we will be there... for sure!

Natalie said...

Molly,

That was quite possibly the funniest thing I have read in awhile. Thanks.

Just a little blast from the past (not sure if you'll remember these or not)...15 minute power naps on our break between class. :) You are SuperMom! We'll be at your shindig.

Spencer Five said...

The worst thing about naps is if you miss one or are late to for one (i.e. 11-2 church) life pretty much sucks rocks.

Jocee Bergeson said...

OH man....I couldn't agree more. But for now, at least, Sage is so easy to put down so I am just loving it. I basically "toss her in her crib sheets", as we say, and see her in a few hours. I remember the days of rocking/bouncing/begging Sage to sleep (at the twins current age) and I'll be begging her in awhile when she's Caleb's age. Luckily there are times when it's more of a benefit than a chore. But chore or not, we keep trying b/c what else do we have to hold on to?!? Life w/out naps is dreary....

samandbrodi said...

c'mon Molly...you gotta love the naps. With that said, it is obviously easier to handle all that goes in to naps when you only have the two boys. Anyway, we'll bring the salsa and the poptarts to the 'no more napping' shindig.

Torrie Family said...

Molly, Molly, Molly! I so understand your feelings. The greatest thing about the twins now is that I really don't care if they nap or not. But now they tell me they are tired and will actually put themselves down. As for now you must keep up the "routine"-it's for their own health...right? Who cares about our own sanity! Keep plugging a long and I want an invitatin to the party! Tonya

The Jonas Family said...

I love naps!! For me and my kids! I am not a big fan of morning naps though. You can't get anything done as far as running errands outside the home. I use fans as well for white noise. I am also sensitive to noise, so I aware of that for other too. It is just nice to get a break every once in awhile during the day for me.