Sunday, December 2, 2007

Classic Cort Comments



Just thought I'd share a small sampling of the gems Cort has shared with me this week. I swear, the kid is hilarious.

1. As we were bustling about getting ready one morning I told the kids to hurry and get their jobs done because Grandpa and Grandma Mason were coming over. Cort paused and looked at me and then asked incredulously, "Are you sure Grandpa's coming over? He's kind of a lazy dude." (that was one I particularly enjoyed sharing with my Dad!)

2. I called over to Cort's friend's house to check in on him and make sure that he wasn't getting too hungry (since the lunch hour was approaching). Cort came to the phone and I asked him what they were doing. In a dramatic voice he whined, "Jonah's playing the computer and I'm just sitting here watching him!" I suggested that maybe he should come home for lunch and take a break and then maybe they could get back together later in the afternoon. But, no, Cort insisted he wanted to stay. I said, "Well Cort, I don't want you just sitting over there watching Jonah play computer." To which he replied, exasperated: "I would go and do something else but I'm stuck here on the phone!!" Good point.

3. And then, the best for last. Today in Fast and Testimony Meeting our whispered conversation went something like this:

Cort: Are you going to bear your testimony?
Molly: No, not today.
Cort: Why not?
Molly: I just don't really feel like it today, Cort.

Ten minutes later

Cort: Are you going to bear your testimony?
Molly: No, not today.
Cort: Why? Why not?
Molly: The spirit tells you in your heart if you should bear your testimony and that's how you know if you should.

SHORT PAUSE

Cort: The spirit is telling me to tell you to bear your testimony!

I got quite a chuckle out of that and was mercifully saved from being commanded via Cort to share my testimony as Elder Nelson stood to bear his testimony and close the meeting. I think he did a better job than I would've done anyway! :)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

So cute! Kids say the cutest things. I'll share a cute one with you. My nephew's dad is a die hard, you can like anyone else Utah fan. Well, I am Utah fan, too. But, since I am married to a BYU fan, we compromise a bit and we root for both (just not when they are playing each other). :)

So, one day we were down in Provo and my nephew Jonny looked at the Y on the mountain and asked what that was. I said, that stands for BYU." He said, "Aunt Natalie, do you like Utah or BYU?" I said, "I like Utah, and I like BYU, too."

I looked back in back via the mirror and his little face was all scrunched up, like he was concentrating really hard. He looked at me and said, "That just doesn't make sense to me." LOL!

Too cute, Molly! Thanks for sharing Cort gems. That made me laugh.

Jocee Bergeson said...

Cort is a nerd. So cute. Grandpa is one lazy dude! :) I'm sure he wasn't too excited about Cort saying that...ha ha!