Sunday, September 30, 2007

San Diego Spectacle

We're back from a week long get-away to sunny San Diego, California and we had such a great time! Now, I should clarify upfront that this was NOT a vacation (at least not for Spencer and me)...this was definitely a trip. Those who are confused about the difference between those two things obviously don't have children! :) ha ha But either way, it was so fun being together and the kids had the time of their young lives on the beach, boardwalk, pier and back every day. As much fun as it was to leave town and have Spencer with us from sun up to sun down for seven glorious days in a row, it is amazing to me how wonderful it always is to come home. We are happy to be back in our own beds and are ready to launch back into the regular routine first thing tomorrow morning. But first, a few photos of the trip:

The title of this blog includes the word "spectacle" because that is the only word I can think of to describe us as we were out and about this trip. I swear, we were turning heads everywhere we went. My mom complained that we could never really get anywhere on our nightly walks on the boardwalk because we got stopped every 3 feet by someone googling over the babies (Spencer is still half convinced it was actually him there were googling over) and then gasping as they realized that all of the little people trailing us belonged to our family. It was hilarious. Here's a shot of us on one of those BEAUTIFUL boardwalk strolls....





And the BEACH!! Here are just a few shots of the fun the kiddos had playing in the sand and water...I swear, little kids are born for this kind of thing! They jumped over waves, chased and fed the birds endlessly, buried Cort in the sand, built all kinds of sand castles, and Cort and Caleb even boogie boarded on Spencer's back. How any of them dared get in the water without wetsuits is still a mystery to me. Brrrr!! What a great week!













7 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

Oh 'da Emmy! I just want to squeeze those chubby thighs! So cute. It looks like so much fun...but like you said - trip vs. vacation! :) SD is always such a hit. If you didn't have so many kids, maybe we could go down at the same time. J/K As is, you soak up the whole condo.....darn.....fun to see pics of good old SD!

Paige said...

Oh I love to hold babies in Bjorn's. I will take one or both off your hands anytime. I'm serious. I want to eat them up. I love San Diego.

The Jonas Family said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Do you take them to any other day events, such as Disneyland, the Zoo, or Sea World? IS the Condo right on the beach, or close by? The beach is always fun place for kids!

jo6446 said...

Loved the trip and I can't believe you got so many good photos. I always hate the photo taking sessions but I see that you put them to good use. It wasn't a vacation--it was a memory.

Amy said...

When Jocee said SD -- I got a little (a LOT) excited here... SOUTH DAKOTA!!?? Then I figured it out :( SD (San Diego not South Dakota) is always a hit. BUT SD (South Dakota) is sometimes a hit? Please? Anyone?

Looks like a great time... and can I just say: CUTEST FAMILY EVER!!! You are all just adorable.

Rosie said...

You guys are the ultimate power house! I have tried three times to comment and then our neighbor's wireless internet cuts out...the dang wind :) I love ya and I love your blog! Can't wait to see you soon!

Rosie

Natalie said...

Loved the pictures, Molly! What a cute family. And I totally hear you on the difference between a vacation and a trip. They are WORLDS apart. Great pictures. We'll have to get together soon. I want to meet Jocee. :)