Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What's on my mind...

Things I love...
1. The way Jake and Emmy hold hands while they are nursing. Sure, it's just because babies grab onto anything and everything when they are small and they just happen to be in very close proximity to each other while dining. But still, it is absolutely adorable and they've done it since the day they were born. Ohhhh...I just LOVE it.

2. That Caleb (who just turned 2 in July) is doing AWESOME on his potty training. Okay, better said, he is potty trained! On just the second day of training he did his "little pushes" (#1, for those of you who are unfamiliar with our potty training lingo!) every time all day and his "big pushes" (a.k.a. #2) once on the potty. No accidents. Since then he has had a handful of accidents but hasn't been in diapers at all (except for at night) and has even told me he needed to go and used the potty while we were out running errands. Way to go Caleb! Yahoo! Now...down to just TWO in diapers. Beats THREE!

Things I don't like...
1. When Spencer is moonlighting and doesn't get home until late (2-3 nights a week), I obviously run around like a crazy person trying to put the kiddos to bed alone. Once I get everyone bathed and brushed and in jammies, I usually send Macy to wait for me in her bed while I tuck Cort and Caleb in in the basement. Inevitably, no matter how quickly I try to go, she falls asleep before I can get there. It breaks my heart every time and I wish I could kiss her and say prayers together and tell her how much I love her and what a wonderful daugther and friend and helper she is to me. I miss those chances to sit on the edge of her bed and talk, just the two of us, for a moment. Sometimes I am spread too thin and miss important things. It makes me sad just writing about it....

2. The way I often have to expect/demand Cort, my oldest who's five, to act twice his age just because having one more person demanding my constant attention would put me under. Sorry Cort. Thanks for so being patient with me and such a mature little guy. You're an amazing big brother to all the little people who follow you in our family. We and they are lucky to have you and I definitely am NOT trying to make you grow up any faster. I'll always want you to be my little guy.

7 comments:

Amy said...

ohhhh!!!!! ohhhhh!!!! such cute happy and sad things. I can't believe those twins hold hands ... too sweet! cort is such a good big brother and a good boy. "buddy cort" will always be special to us!!!

The Jonas Family said...

I wish we could see a picture of the twins holding hands, but I can understand if they are nursing. I bet it is too cute and adorable! They will be good friends together as they grow older.

Jocee Bergeson said...

Things I Love:
1. That Macy calls me at 3+ times a day and leaves me a message wondering when I can come up to see her.
2. That Caleb tells me everytime I see him that he has been going potty on the big toilet.
3. That Emmy is soon going to be bigger than Sage....oh, they're getting chunky! :)

whit said...

My first thought was "I want to see a picture of the twins holding hands" and then I thought "hmm, probably not a good idea". How cute. Joey holds my hand or strokes my cheek while he is nursing, I love it.

Jenny said...

I never leave comments, but believe me, I check your blog and cry and laugh at least once a week at the moments that make up your amazing life!

You are my inspiration! You need to write a book. Not only are you an awesome mom, you're such a good writer!

We miss you all so much! Are you thinking hard about Disneyland?

Love you!!

Jenny

jamkmb said...

this is way too girly for me... somebody email me when spencer decides to write again.

samandbrodi said...

Spence and Molly...you guys are impressive. We have only our two kids and we are always exhausted. Molly, you are a true saint.