Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Getting underway...

Tune in to any one of the million design shows on TLC on any given day and you will inevitably hear that your master bedroom should be "your retreat," "your sanctuary," your own little corner of the universe that invites you to relax and unwind. Ya, right. Have any of you seen our master bedroom?? Good. I'm glad you haven't because it's pretty much embarrassing. A far cry from being mine or anyone else's sanctuary it is more of a Deseret Industries showroom, featuring garage sale finds, hand-me-down items, things that we figured "would do for now" and worn, stained linens. Ugh. But, no more!! Our Christmas present from my parents was a king sized mattress and box springs. Sweeeeeeet! And Spencer's Dad is donating his time and woodworking expertise to help us make a new bed (a replica of Pottery Barn's Farmhouse bed, if you want to check it out online!). It is just about ready to be stained and it looks amazing, I must confess. I dreamed up a little design for the room and we are now ready to begin....lumber for the detail work on the wall purchased, paint picked out and ready to go, linens and pillows bought and waiting patiently to be unveiled, new chocolate brown linen drapes already hung. Now, all that remains is all the hard work but I am so excited. I will post pictures when everything starts to come together. After almost 9 years of marriage, Spencer and I are actually going to have a "grown up" bedroom and I CAN'T WAIT!!! :)

4 comments:

jamkmb said...

Ah, the bitter taste of jealousy!...what I wouldn't give for a bedroom that could even be called "master" while keeping a straight face.

Can we have some of your old furniture to put in our two bedroom hand-me-down rental "home" in a parking lot wedged between a grocery store, a garden supply store, a vitamin shoppe, and an old-persons restaurant otherwise known as Marie Callender's (read: lots of big trucks, smelly garbage, manure, and people hanging out in "our" parking lot at all hours)?

JR

The Jonas Family said...

Yeah, for you!! :) Can't wait for the photo.

Did you hear that we are moving to Scottsdale, AZ this summer. It is going to be HOT! But better than dealing with the winters and humid summers here in Indiana. We are excited for the new change.

Torrie Family said...

Sounds like we are on the same page. I am getting ready to paint, rip out old carpet, and same deal with the lines-waiting, waiting! Good luck!

whit said...

ARgh! I have to still tell Dave that we are adults, we should buy our own furniture! But I don't think this will ever include a real master bedroom - you are lucky.