Friday, October 26, 2007

All I want for Christmas is...


Since this post is about mothers, I had to include a somewhat recent photo of my own Mom. Honestly, isn't she one hot mama?? Okay, on with the blog...

This week I enjoyed a way-too-rare girls night out with my mom, sister Jocee, cousin Katie and aunt Peg. We met at the Dodo (where else, for a GNO??) in Gateway and laughed and laughed and laughed over smoked turkey sandwiches and warm barbeque dipping sauce. It was pure heaven. The conversation was so entertaining and it felt so good to smile after a really rough day at home with the crew. It was extremely therapeutic and I'm already scheming as to how I can get this group together again next month for another night on the town.

Among several of the things we talked and laughed about was how each of us so desparately needs and wants a "Mom!" Now, of course we have one but the ones we have are no longer willing or able to do what we want and/or really need! Now, as full grown adults and mothers ourselves, we desparately need and want and, dare I say ACHE for, the mother of our infancy and childhood. You know the mother of whom I speak. She's the one who races around preparing meals to our liking and worrying that we've had enough to be completely happy and satisfied. The one who pulls the blinds, fluffs the pillow, and searches out the softest, warmest blanket before tucking us in and then being on guard for the duration of our nap to ensure that no one makes a peep to disturb our rest. The one mother who cleans up after us when we're done with whatever it was that was entertaining us, does our hair over and over until it's perfect, racks her brain thinking of what she could do for us that would be fun for a particular holiday or upcoming event. In short, the mother who is consumed with US, with OUR needs. Come on, this would be the LIFE! Each one of us at dinner that night is a mom, albeit in different stages of the adventure. But with all of our varying life experiences and challenges we could all agree...what we each want for Christmas is definitely a MOTHER! :)

3 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

Oh yes, that is so what we all need. Sage is one lucky chicca - like you said, I made sure she had her softest blanket, a full tummy, brushed teeth, and her fav. binki when I put her to bed tonight. That is so what we need. :)

Amy said...

My Christmas came a little early... my sweet mom made an emergency trip to SD this week to take care of strep throat (amy), staph infection (ty), u.t.i. (hai)...... yep we are a mess. She is our life saver right now. NOTHING could ever replace a MOM!!!

The Jonas Family said...

It is crazy to thing we are mom's ourselves at times. How can we ever compare to our mom or others? I agree that I could still use a mom at times for me and my family.