Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Highlights

I don't know what the Halloween equivalent of the Christmas "Bah-Humbug!" is, but it probably applies to me. I don't know why I don't really dig Halloween but I guess I'm coming to grips with the fact that I don't. For some reason I don't really get into the "spooky" decorations, although I love "autumn" decor, and getting everyone into and out of their costumes for the family party, the ward party, the school party, and then finally for the actual trick-or-treating wears me out! SIGH. So, that said. We had a really FUN Halloween. Seriously. We did. Sure, I grumbled a bit while I carved a pumpkin franctically all by myself at 5pm on Halloween night and was a little frazzled trying to get everyone to inhale some pizza just moments before throwing costumes on for the umpteenth time and heading out the door. But, once we were on our way, the kids had a BLAST! :) We took the whole crew out with us for a good 2 hours of trick-or-treating fun. Cort, Macy and Caleb were HILARIOUS and had such a great time. Jake and Emmy were so content strapped to Spencer and me in the Baby Bjorns and all bundled up for the walk through our neighborhood. It was a beautiful night to be outside and we had so much fun. I may not be the biggest fan of Halloween in general, but I do have to admit that kids in costume are pretty darn cute. Here's proof:







There isn't a picture of Caleb because he has an issue with being photographed (remember the Lake Mead post?!?!). Anyway, he was a puppy dog and a super cute one, at that!

5 comments:

Spencer Five said...

Cute kids! Love the twins costumes. They look like two more Richards!

Rebecca said...

Those twins are so cute, Molly! I haven't seen them since they were a month old. Let me know if you want to get together for lunch one of these days so we can catch up in person!

Amy said...

Where's Caleb?! Where's Caleb?! I was panic-stricken. Then I read.... ohhhhh.... that's where he is ;)

Such cute kids in such cute costumes! We love you guys.

Oh.... I think it's a "Boo-humbug" ... hahaha I am so hilarious. I know... not.

The Jonas Family said...

They all look too cute! SO, did Caleb mind wearing his costume, just not getting photographed? I suppose you did not dress up? I don't either, but I have fun going with the kids to all their events. By the time it was the night of trick-or-treating they were kind of tired of wearing their costumes, but it didn't last long Halloween night. We only stopped at a handful of homes in our neighborhood and then we were home.

Jocee Bergeson said...

Tag - you're it! (See my BLOG)