Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Weekend in St. George...

Parts of our weekend get-away that were REALLY fun:



The one part of our weekend get-away that was REALLY NOT fun:



On day two of our long awaited, much anticipated trip to St. George our 2-year-old Caleb took a little spill on his scooter and suffered a very serious, very painful spiral fracture of his femur. So...we spent some quality time in the E.R. in St. George and brought the poor little guy home in basically a body cast for the summer. Since he is unable to even sit up, Spencer's dad gallantly drove to St. George to help us get home, transporting Caleb in the back of his car on an air mattress and lots of blankets. It was quite an adventure. I think we're officially cured of our wander-lust and will never again take all 5 kids any further south than Sandy. SIGH. Poor Caleb. Poor me. (I shamelessly had to include some self-pity although I do know that I'm not the real victim here!) Summer should be interesting this year...

While I'm here, I might as well include my latest favorite picture of the twins, who just recently turned one:

10 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

OH poor K (Caleb)...Sage is looking at the pics and identifying everything including "Caleb the Ouch"!! Fun pics - St. George is the BEST!

Amy said...

:( BREAKS MY HEART!!!! poor poor Caleb -- poor poor you.... I seriously can't believe this happened!!!

the picture of the twins is adorable. they have changed so much.

THINKING OF YOU ALL!!!!

samandbrodi said...

Oh man, that is brutal. Poor kid and to have it happen right around summertime...

But hey, it will make a great story and it will be a badge of honor for Caleb as he grows up. That sure doesn't make it any easier now though.

Hope all is well.

The Jonas Family said...

I have been waiting to hear a story from your family. I can't believe what happened to Caleb! How long does he have to have the cast on? So do you have to carry him everywhere? He can't sit, obviously, and I am sure not walk, but maybe crawl???

Brandon got a toddler fracture on one of his legs when he was 18 months old, the day I went into labor with Taylor. So, he had to have a cast for 6 weeks. He had to learn to walk all over again.

good luck this summer!

whit said...

Molly! Glad you are back. That is not fun for Caleb or his caretakers, but glad it wasn't worse. Although, that is bad enough. The twins have changed alot!

Rebecca said...

That poor child! I feel so badly for him (and for you). What a way to start out the summer. Wow.

Jennifer Wilson said...

I absolutely love the picture of the twins. So sorry to hear about Caleb's injury. Good luck to you guys!

Merianne said...

Molly, I'm so sorry about poor Caleb. That is not fun for him or you, but you've always been strong and will be able to handle anything. Your kids are adorable!

Liz Ward said...

Oh the poor buddy! Good luck keeping him sane!

Sunni said...

So good to keep in touch...but I am very sad for Caleb's mishap. Thankgoodness bodies heal quickly on little kids!
Adorable twins!