Sunday, March 16, 2008

Caleb, the acrobatic napper...




This is Caleb, my now 2 1/2 year old son, in September 2005 when he was roughly six weeks old. We were up at the Richards' cabin near Oakley and this tiny little guy just fell dead asleep in my arms all of a sudden and completely out of the blue. It was hilarious and I love this picture!


Now...fast forward to yesterday. I took Caleb to his room for a nap. We did the whole routine...read a book, laid there together for a minute, and then I left. When I went back to check on him about 20 minutes later, I opened his door to find the lights all on and this:





He literally fell asleep standing up! Or at best, propped up! Honestly, what a kid. Apparently finding a comfortable position has, since birth, had little to do with whether or not he can fall asleep. He very well may be the death of us but at least he keeps us laughing in the mean time.

3 comments:

The Jonas Family said...

Too funny! Wow! Amazing!

Amanda said...

My mom said when I was little, the teachers in kindergarten would call home concerned that I was running on the playground at recess, I'd just stop mid-run, collapse on the ground, and fall dead asleep for any amount of time. My mom was sure it was a sign of my active intelligence just needing a break even when my body wouldn't give in! Go Caleb!

Torrie Family said...

Love it! Tell him stairs are really comfy as well-I know!